The accounting clerk position will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, and will provide month end financial closing support. Position will also support annual finance department goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Accounts Payable (House)
o Submitting invoices to Omaha for scanning, follow up with Omaha if needed
o Coding invoices
o Monitoring invoice activity and accruing for unposted invoices
o Managing Casanova AP shared mailbox for inquiries and address issues
o Review and reconcile vendor statements including assisting with follow up on invoice and payment issues and recommend actions to resolve discrepancies.
o Distribute workflow status monthly to Buyers for unposted invoices
o Vendor Set Up - Prepare new vendor set up requests to the corporate office.
· Purchase Orders
o Create House POs
o Follow up on open House POs
o Distribute Open PO report quarterly
· Accounts Receivable
o Monitor Casanova AR shared mailbox and distribute client POs
o AR Aging review and follow up with Omaha Collections
· Client Time Reports – Distribution of monthly reporting
· EXTA approval – Upon receiving client signed estimate (External approval Vantage role only)
· Concur Expense – review, track, and monitoring of agency employee expenses in compliance with company and client policies and travel guidelines
· Month/Quarter/Year-End Financial Close
o Prepare and submit journal entries including monthly expense accruals, adjustments, and intercompany corporate allocations.
Prepare and complete monthly G/L account reconciliations and schedules in company accounting system (Hyperion) in accordance to month end close schedules
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
· Microsoft Office Suite including intermediate Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, formulas)
· SAP, Hyperion experience a plus
· Highly detail oriented with strong organizational skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to demonstrate initiative in dealing with complex issues
· Works well in a team environment that promotes communication among team members.