SENIOR DIRECTOR DIGITAL & MEDIA STRATEGY
Hispanic Communications Network (HCN) seeks an innovative, experienced Senior Director of Digital & Media Strategy who has proven successful performance and expertise in both publisher platforms as well as client services, including paid media planning and buying. Leveraging your deep communications and marketing portfolio, you will direct our HCN (client-facing social impact full-service agency) and La Red Hispana (public-facing multimedia networks) services and platforms. All of our channels are focused on one mission: to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US.
The primary charge of this position is to develop and drive the strategy and direction of HCN’s expanding digital and social media owned platforms for a complex mix of cultures, languages, generations, demographics and needs among our priority audiences: sponsors and clients (HCN), Hispanic media affiliates, and the Hispanic public (La Red Hispana and LatinEQUIS). These strategies will include organic/owned, content production and publication, and paid. The Senior Director will inspire, motivate and mentor a growing team to execute, analyze and optimize multi-channel strategies and best practices that maximize acquisition, retention and growth for our influencers, clients and brands. In this role you’ll also provide paid media expertise to assist with paid client initiatives inclusive of Display, Programmatic, Social, and SEM. You should have a keen eye to identify opportunities, growth and areas for improvement across owned/earned channels as well as paying clients.
- Strategy – Develop and manage owned, earned, and paid digital and social campaign strategies from briefing to final reporting. You’ll be responsible for creating and executing HCN’s brands’ organic, content, and media strategies aimed at growing brand awareness, engagement and digital footprint.
- Content – Responsible for designing content plans that include creating original content, editorial voice/calendar, digital program management, and social metrics. Goal is to drive organic traffic via content and SEO strategies that increases audiences as well as discoverability.
- SEO – Ability to deliver competitor gap analysis, research of content topics, use of SEMRush and Google Analytics. Determine content needs and be able to recommend opportunities and optimizations against owned channels. Expertise in SEO best practices that includes ability to write creative copy and effective keyword strategies/placement.
- Branding – Strengthen and unify brands for La Red Hispana influencer personalities and channels (social media, website, mobile app), as well as our client/sponsor-facing HCN corporate marketing platforms, to amplify brand equity and visibility. Ability to articulate brand language and tone to deliver consistency across all owned brands/channels/platforms.
- Marketing – Lead staff to develop marketing and promotions campaigns. Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns that include (but are not limited to) all web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns with focus on organic strategies and limited paid budgets. Will also carry full management of budget and campaign dollars to maintain an accurate account of dollars spent, when and where; monthly reconciliations as required per client contracts. Responsible for accurate and timely records and reporting at all times.
- Leadership – Brainstorm new and creative strategies that support future organizational, client offerings, public reach and brand growth.
- Quantifiable Goals – Achieve metrics-driven quarterly and annual goals on acquisition, retention and engagement, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, metrics, analytics, KPIs etc. and adjust strategy based on performance.
- 12+ years of hands-on experience in social/digital marketing with focus on performance driven campaigns for either publisher or client sides. Must include 7+ years in supervisory role, with proven examples of strategies developed for well-known brands that can show growth of digital performance, social media channels, mobile apps and websites.
- Expertise with SEO strategies, analysis, optimization and paid search.
- Expertise with tools such as Google Analytics and SEMRush.
- Strong understanding of social media marketing, SEO, SEM, display media campaign management and optimization, and their ever-changing landscapes and rules of engagement.
- Track record of managing a culturally diverse digital strategy team. Includes 2 direct reports and should have experience mentoring and developing a growing a team.
- Expert knowledge of tools to analyze data and use analytics to determine how well a client’s media campaign performed and knowledge of how to apply data to optimize performance, including mastery of social listening tools.
- Experience working on Public Health and at-risk populations accounts is a plus.
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, with native Spanish-language proficiency (preferred but not exclusive) and superior writing + verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
- Tech savvy, including current platforms most effective in reaching US Spanish-preferring and bilingual/bicultural (Millennial/Gen Z) audiences.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business or any related field.
- Passion for or experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
- Be able to foster an environment that encourages risk-taking, innovation and creativity.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment, with highest quality and quantitative outputs.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV, salary history, references, and links to digital and social media from your professional or personal portfolio via email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Director of Digital & Media Strategy.