The Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for strategic goal-setting and execution of executive and employee communications, crisis preparedness and response, and reputation management on a hospital level and the statewide health system as a whole. Works collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team on integrated marketing and communications, media relations, website development and content, and social media growth and engagement. Supports hospital Presidents and senior leadership in all strategic internal and/or external initiatives with related communication delivery (e.g. speeches, presentations, publications, memo announcements, etc.) Works closely with local marketing leaders, in-house designers, photographers and videographer.
What the Senior Communications Specialist will need:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or related field
- Five to seven years of related experience in public relation and marketing/communications preferably in a health care setting
- Journalism, copywriting and creative development and the ability to set project direction and to create and execute strategic media and public relations plans and tactics as well as decision making skills necessary to address media requests for information and internal requests for
What the Senior Communications Specialist will do:
- Writes and/or edits content for multiple communication channels serving all colleagues and management teams, including but not limited to the weekly newsletter, quarterly reports, Intranet, town halls, system emails, presentations, special events, printed materials, etc., as assigned by the Regional Manager of Communications. Scope of work includes synthesis of content from key stakeholders, developing key messages, writing and copyediting, and managing the production and distribution process for all internal communications channels
- Supports the effectiveness and consistency of communications supporting the mission and organizational goals. Develops internal communication projects, programs and campaigns; implements plans and evaluates results.
- Coordinates internal communications, social media and system website initiatives and aligns with external communications initiatives.
- Strategize with regional leaders and various departments within the organization to build upon initiatives through marketing plans and programs to increase colleague and community engagement
Benefits and Total Rewards:
- Competitive Salary
- Retirement Savings Program, including 403(b)/401(k) plan with employer matching and core contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental and Vision Care Coverage
- Flexible Paid Time Off for vacation, sick time, and personal time
- Paid Holidays
Trinity Health is made up of people from different backgrounds, different cultures, different work styles, different values, and different ways of thinking. We invite these differences. We seek them out. We know that our organization and the communities we serve thrive as a result of this commitment.
Diversity has become more than just a nice thing to do: it is a real business imperative. To be successful in our business, our workforce must reflect the diverse patient base we serve.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive work environment allows us to attract and retain the best people. It also encourages creativity and innovation, which are at the heart of what we do. A successful business team requires a variety of thinking styles, perspectives, and insight to attain and maintain a competitive advantage.